Monday, June 30, 2008

I Have A Feeling That We Are Approaching A Cusp

My Lila was tired when she got back from her therapy today. She went into school before her appointment. She called me right away when she got back. Her energy lasted about 20 minutes--well, nope, just over 17 minutes. She said the pains in her neck, which had kept her awake and were the proximate causes of the investigations that led to the discovery of her cancer, did not seem to be diminishing. This is the last week of the scheduled radiation. Lila has only three more scheduled radiation treatments especially for the lymph nodes in her neck. I don't know, and I don't know how or who to ask: "Na, und?" What's next?

She has two more chemo treatments, and on the 3rd of July, they're installing the "central port" ("central vent"?) to facilitate the application of the chemo drugs and other things in the next phases of her treatment.

I wish I could talk to an onco-doctor...

No comments: