Thursday, June 26, 2008

Lila's Home! Whew...

Probably I don't hafta say I was so relieved I coulda pee'd right down my leg when I saw the flag for her IM pop up...

It was something, though nobody knows what. They watch her pretty closely because of the possibilities of bad reactions to some of the drugs she has to take. She was hospitalized for two nights, Tuesday and Wednesday, for observation when she started to uncontrollably vomit right after her radiation Tuesday.

I knew something was wrong. She'll always call, if she can. If she can't, well that bodes no good. It wasn't "BAD" bad, but it could have been. It always could have been, and always could subsequently be...Es macht mir Wahnsinnich!

The docs and techs were especially attentive to the vomitus, because one of the Chemo drugs she's taking has effects on blood-vessels, and so were searching for evidence of blood. Luckily, there was none. Their relentless attention to the stuff spoke well to me of their Hippocratic concern. They released her from observation, and after that she had her treatment, and got home I'm guessing around 2 her time. They've rescheduled her appointment time to 11 am.

We talked for nearly 30 minutes! And we worked out a regime whereby if something like this happens again--and god knows it well could--she'll leave a message for me auf Deutsch on her office phone, so that there's some place where we can leave messages. She erased the Mark Schreier call, so I can use that again in a pinch.

Funny, she said when she listened to the Mark Schreier message, and with the name to go on, she said she had a very different picture of the speaker than the one she associates with "me." I was, of course, controlling my discourse very strictly. Careful and clipped were my words, too; very business-like, and pitched my voice an octave down. She said she knew it was me, but couldn't recognize the accent. LOL!

No comments: